Getting started (offline quick start)
Writing an iModel.js application requires the following software:
- Node.js (12.x LTS version)
- The installation also includes the
npmcommand line tool.
- This is the source code control system for the iModel.js repositories.
- Visual Studio Code
- This is the recommended editor and debugger for iModel.js applications.
- VS Code also supplies a GUI for working with Git.
The starter application is located in the desktop-starter repo on GitHub. It is an example of an Electron based application and comes with a sample snapshot iModel.
git clone https://github.com/imodeljs/desktop-starter.git
Open your snapshot iModel in the desktop-starter app by clicking the home button in the upper left and clicking "Select snapshot".
Last Updated: 14 October, 2020